09 June 2011

trembling with worries

09.June.2011

I guess this was my first entry for this month. I am about to tell the story of my first ever experience with a video-call using Skype. Here it goes...

One day, as in today, I am expecting to receive a video-call from The Regent - A Four Seasons Hotel. Well, I did a little research about the hotel and got confused as to what company is it really. But in the end, I found out, through Wikipedia, that The Regent is a lone company but at some point it merges with Four Seasons. Therefore, there were The Regent chains under the management of Four Seasons, and the one in Singapore is part of it.

I excluded myself in the room since 13:00. I even wrote down my answers to the most frequent questions and even for the question that I hate so much, "Tell me something about yourself. In the end I only wasted my ink writing answers that were not to be used. I was online since 13:00 and only by then that I realized that the one who will interview me had sent an email regarding the interview. Even Garry Choo sent me an email regarding the documents that I need to complete if I was to be accepted. I added the Skype account stated in the email. I even tested the microphone since I am really worried about it. But I supposed that it worked well.

As I received a call, of course, I quickly answered it since I am worried as for why the call is late, based on my computer time. I was first asked as to what is my greatest achievement, aNd of course I answered that it was my training in Singapore since it was once in a lifetime experience and that it helped me improved my skills and knowledge. Then I was asked something about providing service to guest or something like that. I ended up answering with my experience of handling a group of 10 demanding people and was complimented in the end. Then I was asked as to what is the most difficult experience I had during my training and I answered the one where the two guests complained to me that made me almost cry. And that was it. Of course I was stuttering throughout the interview and I keep on repeating my words even though it was unneeded. She asked me if I have any questions so I really asked about the fact that The Regent has the Four Seasons name on it. Well, I already know the answer but I still asked anyway. :)

No comments: