03 September 2012

Night Festival: Painting the Night with Lights

For all the weekends of August there were presentations at night in Art and Culture district of Singapore - Bras Basah. It was part of the Night Festival which showcases various arts using lights. I believed that it was this year's concept for  the Art Festival Singapore although I am just guessing. It was a fascinating event although I find out about it too late and only managed to go on the last night of the event.

There were a lot of people for the Night Festival. Well considering that these were only during Friday and Saturday nights, that wasn't much of a surprise. Really. The areas covered were School Of The Art (SOTA), Singapore Art Museum (SAM), Singapore Art Museum at 8Q, National Museum of Singapore, Singapore Management University and the shops in Armenian Street. Mainly, it was just around Bras Basah area. Armenian Street actually has a road closure to give way to scheduled street performances. I have been to Armenian Street several times during daylight and it was such a quite and picturesque area. One who have been to the Armenian Street during the Night Festival would probably not believe that the area was the polar opposite during daytime.

It was very regrettable that I only learned of the event on its last week. I only had one night to see several stuffs so I only managed to see stuffs that interested me. I would've have enjoyed it if I only managed to go on all the weekends. Well, I had my fair share of fun, though. It was a great event.

  
 


 


 

 

 

 

 



 


 



 

 

all photos were taken using Canon Powershot G11. more photos here

No comments: