28 April 2013

Sun Ray Cafe

28.03.2013.

It was planned that I will go to Serangoon area today. I just want to see new things for a visual feast. What could I say? I enjoyed my stroll more than I had expected. I'm very much happy.

I have not much explored parts of North-East and going to Serangoon Garden Way is a first time. I basically know nothing of the area and the place I'm heading to. My challenge was to reach the cafe before it rained hard. I conquered the obstacle although drizzles meet me on the street. I also walked a good distance which is better, I guess.

image

image

Design. Sun Ray Cafe is an artsy type of cafe where pets are welcome. I'm not an animal-loving type of person so perhaps I'm not gonna visit there again. I'm glad that there wasn't any pet during my visit.

image
As I have said, the cafe was artsy and it was conspicuous in every corner of the place. Not even one wall could be described as plain. One thing that caught my attention was the blue hanging seat attached to the ceiling. It was placed in the entrance and impossible to miss. What welcomed me though upon entering the cafe were the baskets of artificial lavender. There was a light feeling to it and I love that kind of stuff.
image

image

I sat at the seat in the entrance because I can take better pictures there. It was an orange sofa and a coffee table, just beside the blue hanging seat. The wall behind me was painted with the cafe logo and embelished with cut-outs of cyling people. I believe that corner was the most colorful and artsy part of the cafe.

image

image

In the inner part of the cafe was nothing much besides seats and a few framed decors. It was before I left the cafe that I discovered the other side of the cafe where pets are allowed. It was only a more spacious area with more seats.

image

image

Another interesting thing was the white board above the bar counter. It was doodled with random things and signed by various people. There was also a clock shelf contaning random stuff as well...a jar filled with tin caps, squirel figures, and a music box made of glass.

image

image

The whole cafe has a cozy atmospehere and it was randomly artsy. I can't make out what was the theme of the cafe though.

image

image

Coffee and Pastry. I've ordered a tiramisu, iced mocha cafe and caramel cappuccino. The menu is interesting since they made alterations with the name. The cake selection was limited though.

image

The tiramisu was very good. The staff actually told me that they have a freshly made cake in the kitchen which was the tiramisu. I didn't like what they have in the cake display so I ordered what is not there.

image

I'm not exactly fond of tiramisu so I am saying that their tiramisu is nice. Maybe average to above average. It was not exactly special but it wasn't so bad as well.

image

The coffee was, well, weak if I may say so. It was not exactly to my liking. The cappuccino has a rich, thick foam. The hot coffee was actually better as compared to the iced one.

image

Service. The staff are accommodating and seems very carefree. There were not much customers when I came so they are free to move about. There are many of them on duty despite it being a lean hour. Actually, I'm not really certain if every person in there that I thought was a staff is really a staff.

image

The service was prompt. My orders were not delayed.

Whereabouts. Sun Ray Cafe. 79 Brighton Crescent. Located in the area of the Serangoon Garden Way.

The cafe was located in a residential area. Honestly speaking, it was not very accessible to the public. Well, my travel going there was more fun than I had expected which is favorable to me. It was really way off the city.

Being weird as I usually am, I walked all the way to the cafe from Lorong Chuan MRT Station. It was a good deal of walk to be honest. Even so, I was faascinated by the things I see during my walk and that made me enjoy my walk more than anything.

Bus services number 73, 136, 315 and 317 are available at the nearest bus stops which were Before and After Yio Chu Kang Road.

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

[All photos were taken using Samsung Galaxy Note II.]

Check my posts in The Turtle Trail as well.

No comments: