22 April 2013

The taste of a laid-back life

31.05.2013

I am reliving the moments I had back in the middle of year 2012, when I was living a laid-back life. I mean, I am starting, or rather, continuing with my hunt for coffee shops. My tipsy escapades were fun but I am not exactly one for drinking, and my buddy became pretty busy with something else. I'll have to come up with a new name for my coffee adventures. :)

So far I have tried seven cafes, namely Artease, Dr. Cafe Coffee, Raindrops Cafe, The Muffinry Bakery and Cafe, L'Etoile Cafe, Kith Cafe and Sun Ray Cafe. I have visited SOHO Coffee, Loysel's Toy, Forty Hands, and Smitten Day Makers Tea and Coffee Bar before, though that was a really long time ago. Anyway, I'm returning to my laid-back lifestyle so I will have more time to visit coffee shops and update my blogs.

I seriously need to update my blogs.

I am visiting coffee shops and drinking their coffee even though I don't really know how to compare one coffee drink from another. I am not excatly particular with my coffee drinks as long as they satisfy my palate. Hence, I cannot really describe the taste, aroma, texture, acidity and such.

Why do I visit coffee shops then? Chained coffee shops are good but they are overrated and I also want something new. Discovering new cafes is also like an achievement, for my little Dora self. Furthermore, finding them is more of an adventure. It is also a way to kill the monotony of my everyday home-work-home routine.

Chained coffee shops are standard. Stand alone cafes are mostly artsy, and peaceful. I realized that I enjoy my cup of coffee the most in a relaxing and peaceful environment. So, visiting cafes way off the city entitles me to peaceful coffee time and reading or writing time. Seeing artsy cafes alone keep my spirits up. I love arts, and cute stuff by the way.

Basically, visiting stand alone cafes is just part of my selfishness. I just wanted to have a visual feast from seeing new things and to enjoy my cup of coffee the posh way. I can also say that it is to reward myself, for all the hardwork I've done.

This is a prelude to my upcoming posts about my coffee adventures. Stories and pictures of my foodie adventures are coming soon. Now then, let the brewing begin. :)


No comments: