11 July 2011

For the First Time!

19.June.2011

At long last! After a few try, I've finally done it! I finally passed an interview, and not just the initial interview, but also the final interview. I just need requirements, attend the orientation, and complete the training, and I'm ready for my first job. It sounds easy, but it really is not. Well, well...time for a little flash back.

It was a sunny Tuesday when I am taking my time and not paying attention to my phone. Then, I just decided to check my phone only to discover that I have unread messages since morning. I got all worked up because the message is for a job interview in Marriott Hotel Manila! Well, I quickly asked my mom to send me some load so I could confirm about my acceptance of the interview. It was before evening that I was able to reply to that message. Nice, eh? I seemed demanding for a job hunter.

Then, came June 16, 2011, Thursday, the fated day of my interview for Marriott. It was a totally messed up day for me. I was scheduled for an interview by Teriyaki Boy at their head office in Magallanes area. I came late and they had me took an examination first. The exam was like so long, even longer than the IQ test I had in my university. Anyway, I left the office by 12 noon so I could come to the interview in Marriott early. I haven't had anything to eat at all. Hunger actually passed on me.

Upon arrival at Marriott, the guard had me wait together with the other applicants at the smoking area in basement one. It was really hot and the smell of the cigarette is disgusting. And when they let us in, we sat in round tables. For the first batch of people who came in, I think I was called for the last group who were interviewed. I think that this arrangement is fun because we were able to mingle freely and lightly to our prospect colleagues. The interview is also by group of four so it does not really made me feel very nervous. The interview was really simple to begin with...just asking about work and educational background. It was almost the same for the final interview, which is held on the same day, just after the initial interview. The differences were only that we were interviewed by three's and the Food and Beverage Director was also present.

The results came out after everyone was interviewed. I passed, fortunately, and it was my first time passing an interview. Actually, I'm already accepted and allowed to work in the hotel, in the banquet sector of the food and beverage department. I'm only a casual employee though. I don't really understand how I ended up being in Marriott despite saying that I prefer not to work in Marriott because of accessibility reasons. I really am lost. I don't know how the agency got my resume. Well, they were offering me a good choice for a Banquet Secretary since I am a cum laude and I came from a good university. Well, I'm not sure what will happen to that offer anyway.

No comments: