24 July 2011

Opportunities

24.July.2011

Alright! Here's my weekly update. I went to Manila last Tuesday, 19 July 2011, and I'm back to Cavite just this Saturday morning, 23 July 2011. Going back and forth from the province to the city is a real pain. I hate it. But I love going to places and the travel, though. I just wish there'd be a teleportation device existing now so I can go anywhere in a blink of an eye especially if it's not for a road-trip.

Anyway, I forcefully went back to Manila last Tuesday even though my work schedule is still late afternoon on Wednesday. I just decided to go to my agency's office and submit my work requirements even though I do not have everything with me. I still lack Mayor's permit and PhilHealth. Fortunately, I do not have to submit Mayor's Permit to them. Lucky, eh? I applied the PhilHealth through them as well. I actually got a little problem 'cause they are the ones who are supposed to apply the BDO cash card instead of applying it on my own. Well, they still accepted my card anyway, because I defended my self by reasoning. I just don't want to feel oppressed.

I'm a little lucky to find the office by some clues provided by my coordinator. Ah! I went to SM North EDSA by bus alone and the fare was more expensive than by taking jeepney and train. The travel time is faster too! I wouldn't do that again, taking the bus going to far away place when there's an alternative. By the way, before going to the office I became hungry and so I decided to eat crepe.

Mango Mania with Vanilla Ice Cream at Crepes and Cream


For Wednesday, 20 July 2011, I worked from 5 PM until 1 AM. The function was for AstraZeneca, a pharmaceutical company I guess. There was actually a handsome guest who drinks lots of water. So I need to refill his glass over and over again. The function finished around 9PM and we finished clearing the function room quickly. The problem is, we still have two more hours before we finished our work time. We ended up wiping necessary cutleries for tomorrows function. We also do this quickly that we are always running out of things to wipe. There was another group who were wiping cutleries but they do it slowly while laughing out loud. At least they are lively and that they keep everyone from being sleepy. I grew bored from doing all the wiping. I actually wanted myself to sign out early because of that, just that I don't want to have an under-time work.

I did something nostalgic last Wedsnesday too. I bought a Hot Fudge Sundae on my way to work. I used to do this on my way to the college building. I just missed it. :)



I also have another work schedule last Friday, 22 July 2011. The function was an Indian Couple Engagement Party. It really was a party. It made me missed the Clarke Quay. We were told before hand that we will be having extended work hours because Indian functions usually finished past their scheduled time. I actually am already going to finish work until 2 AM which is 2 hours overtime. However, we were signed out by 4AM. Therefore, I have four hours overtime recorded to my time sheet. I still need to know how the pay works for regular hour, overtime and night differential. I learn that soon enough and I wouldn't be getting my pay anytime soon anyway. By the way, I drank Vodka Tonic from the mobile bar in the function room and I ate Bread and Butter Pudding, if that's how they call it here. I actually get a little tipsy from the Vodka Tonic sine I drink it while being hungry.

Since I and my colleagues worked until dawn, we stayed in the hotel and just waited for sun to shine. Then, we decided to stay at Bonjour, and only I bought pasta and iced coffee. I was hungry to begin with. We waited for the guys to come so that we can eat breakfast somewhere in the barangay near there. It was like an adventure in the market place. We really looked for a Goto House and all the girls ate a bowl of goto. It was funny how they don't want to pay for their food. Bryan, a gay colleague, paid for almost everything and I gave him Php15 since he's short on money. Then, they are not satisfied yet so we went to 7 Eleven in the area. They bought drinks and siopao, and then decided to eat noodles in the store across the street.I can't feel myself being full yet but I have no appetite to eat since I have not slept for almost a day. I ate anyway. They ordered palabok and canton which Kuya Manny paid for from his personal tip. We haven't gotten any tip yet. We also doubt if we will get any since the guests don't want to pay for their excess fees. Oh well, not that it matters to me, though the tip excites me. Anyway, they all decide to go and finally go home. I acutally return to Cavite despite having no sleep. I was able to get a little sleep from waiting in the jeepney station. I'm covered with sweat though.





I am getting interview requests and it was a good thing. How come? After getting back to the dormitory last Tuesday, I went and apply for sales and marketing positions.I also applied for a receptionist position. I actually got calls and text messages the next day. I don't understand how fast my application has been reviewed by the recruiting officers. But I am glad that they are considering my application. There is actually a company I was looking forward to hear from, or I wish to hear from. Luckily, they called me early in the morning last Wednesday. It was an events management company and they are operating in Asia. I want to be part of that company for sure. I wish it's not a scam. Well, I did not understand what the foreign man was saying but I am saying yes. I was half asleep since the call wake me up. I just called the number again later that day and confirm if the call was an interview request. He asked me to send my resume in his email address which I got wrongly, but thanks to Google. I was called for an interview on Monday, July 25th. Lucky! I wish to get it. I am a little worried because I applied for a Conference Sales Executive though I don't know much about marketing. I am actually willing to take any job if it's from the company, even being a management trainee will do.

I also got text messages and emails from John Clements, Frepi, Granton, PLDT, Coffe Bean and tea Leaf, Max's and Arthaland. I did not go to the Arthaland interview because I want to sleep and I do not know how to get there. I also ditched the Granton interview because of what I found out from the internet. I will be going to the Trueventus and Max's interview on Monday and Tuesday. By the way,I applied for Banquet Sales Coordinator for Max's. I think that I am taking a detour since I am looking for sales and marketing experience. I just believe that I need that experience if I want to be an event coordinator in a hotel. Well, I'll be heading towards where I want to be anyway. I'll get there for sure. :)

I haven't gotten back my lost sleep and I still feel groggy right now. :)

No comments: